.................................................................................................................................................................................................

3.19.2012

DIY: Colored Jeans!

Supp folks! Super excited to post my first diy since starting this little blog of mine. Its not that I don't do a lot of diys, I just forget to photograph them but that's over now.
------
For this first project I wanted to make my own colored jeans. As you all know, colored jeans are super hot this spring. I've seen colors from mint and turquoise to lilac and coral being rocked by Hollywood's hottest. 
Check it out:
------

You'll need: A bucket, salt, gloves, and Rit Aquamarine dye

1. Pour about half a bottle of dye in your hot water.
2. Submerge your jeans in liquid and continuously stir for about 45 minutes.
3. Rinse jeans with hot water until water runs clear.
4. Wash jeans immediately in warm water with detergent. Dry.
5. My awesome end product. 

xx

23 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm dying to try this in more colors!

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is an awesome post. I will def have to try this out. Great tips mama.

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What! That seems too easy? ... kinda makes me want tye dye jeans

    xoxo
    FAKE EMPIRE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it really is easy, I dyed mine twice though so it would be really bright. Try it!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Does the dye run when you wash them? Thanks! They look really nice and I guess you could make your own custom shades by mixing 2 Rit colors together...

    -Zoe

    www.zoehashermoments.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, after I dyed them I washed them on warm/cold and they were a light blue, so I repeated the dye process and now they're like an electric/neon light blue. Next I would like to try creating a mint color, if so I'll definitely post :)

      Xx

      Delete
  5. Rad idea!! Thanks for sharing ;)

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I really like your blog♥
    I am an aspiring alternative model and have just started mine could you check it out and tell me what you think?
    I will certainly follow you back if you do by the way,
    Go on blogging my dear!
    xoxo
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  7. wha?!?!?! it's this easy?!?! Totally not a DIY girl but this is inspiring!
    Krystin
    Suburban Faux Pas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this...definitely going to give it a try.

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete